Ninja Legend: A New Age

21 years have passed. The Akatsuki are no more and a wave of peace has washed over the vallies, but a new threat has arrived.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
The first Kage Meeting will began once all Kages are present

The Daily Buzz has been posted. Check it out!
Navigation
Latest topics
» still waitingWed Apr 26, 2017 12:45 pm by Rokugen

» HAPPY HOLIDAYSTue Sep 08, 2015 5:55 pm by Sasuke

» Mirage Hearts Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:58 pm by Lenneth

» VigilSat Nov 29, 2014 3:43 pm by Koriyama Namikaze

» The Wind valley hot springs.Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:39 pm by Rokugen

» food for thought.Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:37 pm by Koriyama Namikaze

» dont let the site die again!!!Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:57 pm by Koriyama Namikaze

» Just an Ordinary DayFri Oct 03, 2014 1:39 am by Saitou Kunabara

» Quick ReminderSun Sep 28, 2014 6:45 pm by Jutsumaster

» Day One (V-sama)Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:45 pm by V

» Squad 27: Session 1 (Psyche & Kobi)Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:17 am by Kobi Jinsatsu

» A New name for a new age. Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:32 am by Goshen Shizaku

» A Few ChangesMon Sep 22, 2014 8:18 am by Goshen Shizaku

» Clans of Stealth WIPSat Sep 20, 2014 9:44 pm by Kurome

» What if [IC Game]Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:29 pm by Rokugen

General Information
The Year: 2025

The Month
December

The Season
Winter

Information
Villages and Organizations
Storm Valley
Kage: Rokugen
Assistant: (Open)
ANBU Captain: (Open)
Member Count: 3

Magma Valley
Kage: Kira
Assistant: Saitou
Member Count: 5

Stealth Valley
Kage: Kurome
Assistant: Aphrodisia
ANBU Captain:
(Open)

Death Valley
Kage: Kymir

Crescent Valley
Kage: Goshen Shizaku
Member Count: 1

Snow Valley
Kage: Kazuma
Assistant: Daemon Ame
Member Count: 5

Shattered Blades
Captain: Xaverie
Lieutenant: Chu Lain
Member Count: 4

Others
Member Count: 1

Last Updated: 9/14/14

Featured Affiliates
Ninja Legend

Share | 

Just Like Old Times

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Serenity
Seer/Immortal
Seer/Immortal

Nickname : The Little Rebel, Hopeless

Character Age : 19
Number of posts : 2588

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Old Times   Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:27 pm

(skipping to the next morning, saying that Ser had the last watch...)

Serenity had been standing by the entrance to the cave, watching blankly around it. She was still pondering what could've been meant by that last line. And unfortunately for her, it was starting to make sense. She actually started to fear it. What if it meant...that if she didn't start caring about Fe again...she was going to lose her immortality? She who gives up something precious...she couldn't be talking about immortality, could she...? It's no gift, it's a curse...fall into shadow...thou shalt be alone... she sighed. Her head was starting to hurt. And her hour was almost up. She'd have to wake Felix soon. But she was too stuck on thinking about all this. Would she lose her immortality? Would she lose it if...if she didn't...start caring about Felix again?

No, she wouldn't go through that again! She'd been hurt time after time from caring about him, from loving him! And it was obvious that he didn't want her caring about him. "Should the back of one precious find the darkness of the sun... Thou shalt be alone, thy immortality gone...." she mumbled, not realizing that Felix might be awake. She sighed again. "Stupid prophecy..." she muttered, then turned her head slightly. She was in a slightly sour mood now, though she was gonna try not to show it too much. "Felix. We should start back up soon," she told him, then looked back out the entrance of the cave.

Immortal
Immortal

Nickname : The Riddle Master

Character Age : 23
Number of posts : 2637

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Old Times   Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:49 pm

Felix had slept and awoke the night with each hour. When Serenity spoke on the final watch he kept his eyes clothes. What was she talking about. He opened his blue eyes and looked at her as she said it was time to go. "Okay." Felix got up and dusted himself off. He looked down at the fire and lightly kicked dirt over it. No need to burn down the Unknown. He grinned at the thought. "How long is it going to take us without casualities?"

Seer/Immortal
Seer/Immortal

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Old Times   Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:55 pm

Serenity looked over her shoulder at Felix, picking up her bag as he put the fire out. "To the cave, about an hour and a half to two hours," she said. They had time. She probably should've eaten something before they left, but after that dream, she'd lost her appetite completely. "Do you wanna head out now or eat something first?" she asked, trying to act as normal as she could. So far it was working. Words couldn't describe how glad she was that she could control her emotions. She didn't care much for the idea of Felix knowing what was going on. No, she didn't like that one bit. Though she wasn't sure why, when her not telling him might only cause drama between them. Hell, her telling him would create drama too, and possibly even make them turn back. She didn't want to turn back. No, she wanted to go see what was in this new cave.

Immortal
Immortal

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Old Times   Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:00 pm

Felix looked at her. "I'm not hungry, so it's whatever you want to do," he told her with a shrug. He really wasn't hungry. And if he got hungry, he'd eat whenever. It wasn't a factor in life anymore. Though he needed it for energy and stuff like that. He shrugged. Unimportant. "Okay, so what do you expect to find when we get there?" He asked. Basically he was asking if they were going to have a fight once down in the Unknown Caves.

Seer/Immortal
Seer/Immortal

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Old Times   Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:05 pm

"I'm not hungry either, so I guess we can just head out," she said. Okay, now she seemed like she was making herself a bit too calm. Shouldn't she be acting excited? She adjusted her backpack and started out, motioning for him to follow after he'd gotten his bag on. "Ummm...hm, when we get there..." Treasure Hunter gears started turning in her head, and she looked up thoughtfully as she walked. "There will most definitely be booby traps, there is not doubt in my mind about that. Considering it's farther underground than Hunter's place is, whatever's hidden there, if there is anything, will most definitely be guarded better than the sword was," she said, a small grin crossing over her face. "Skeletons might end up being the least of our worries," she chuckled, thinking of when they'd gone into Hunter's cave. She knew that Felix wouldn't like her prediction at all. Well it sucked to be him, cuz he came with her.

Immortal
Immortal

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Old Times   Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:12 pm

Felix hated skeletons. Those meatless bastards had caused him to be pushed into a freakin whole. He sighed. "No prob, as long as their not going to freeze me I'm cool." That experience was one he'd much rather avoid from now on. "I'm up for a good challenge anyway." He followed with his hands in his pockets. It felt good to be outside the cave and in the fresh air. He looked up, but the trees filled his vision. Not annoying, but he'd like some sunlight before he went underground.

Seer/Immortal
Seer/Immortal

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Old Times   Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:21 pm

Serenity wouldn't lie. She was surprised by his reaction. She smiled knowing that he was up for this. Already the prophecy was floating farther from her mind. She still kept it in mind, yes, but she wasn't letting it bother her. It hadn't affected her for over 1500 years, and it probably wouldn't now. "Good. I was hoping you'd say that," she said with a smile.

About a half hour into their walk was when she appeared as a solid figure, following beside them not too far away. Her aqua hair was easily visible, and the way she walked almost made it seem like she was floating. She stayed silent and made no attempt to contact them, simply watching them as they walked and made conversation. She was a phantom for now. And she'd continue to be until she was noticed.

Immortal
Immortal

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Old Times   Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:29 pm

Felix grinned at her comment. So this wasn't going to be some wimpy expedition after all. Good, he wanted something worth while. He walked with ease and allowed everything to just flow. He didn't say anything to Serenity because he felt there was no reason. It took a while before Felix had actually noticed something blue in the corner of his eye. He looked over to see what it was. A woman, who looked like he was floating. Though she didn't seem like she would pose a threat. Illusion, he questioned himself. He looked at Serenity. "Tell me I'm not the only one that's seeing her."

Seer/Immortal
Seer/Immortal

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Old Times   Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:38 pm

Serenity blinked and looked at Felix at his comment. "Her? Her who?" she asked, turning her head to see what Felix was talking about. Immediately she froze in place, her eyes slightly wide on this all too familiar sight. "When did she...how...but..." she stuttered, feeling a bit scared at this. Why was the woman there? Actually...who the hell was the woman? Serenity had thought she'd just been a figment of her imagination. Serenity stayed rooted to the spot as the figure approached slowly, then stopped while still a bit away from them.

The woman knew she'd been spotted, but didn't care. She was not there to cause trouble. She was there as a guardian of the crystal, and that was all. As the two stopped, she walked towards them without a word, stopping while she was far enough away to still not pose a threat, but close enough so that they could clearly tell that she was real.

"Thou who seek It, seek new life.
Be warned of coming trouble and strife.
For one of courage, spirit, and mind,
Thy then has not to pay attention to time.
Find thyself in the future to come,
Allow not thyself to be numbed.
Be also warned of one last thought,
That in time ye may lose for what thou fought.
Should the back of one precious find the darkness of the sun,
Thou shalt be alone, thy immortality gone."

She quoted, then fell silent. But in place of her voice, a light crack could be heard from the crystal that Serenity had hanging on her neck, which at the time had been laying over the outside of her shirt, where it could be seen. The only thing about the crack...it started from the center of the gem. No, the crystal hadn't broken, but it would soon. "Be wary of thy thoughts," she told them, mostly directing it at Serenity though. And with no more words than that, the woman turned and started away, in her same, levitation-like walk.

Immortal
Immortal

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Old Times   Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:51 pm

Felix turned to the woman to show Serenity, but it looked like she was paralyzed by the very sight of her. Did they know each other? He looked between the two of them and then to the woman as she spoke a prophecy. And then he heard a crack. What the hell is going on? Felix was visibly confused, but it was clocked by something mixed with cautiousness. When the woman had gone he started to say something, but stopped. He turned back to Serenity. "What was all that about?" He asked trying to keep his voice level. He looked over his shoulder back at the woman. "What's going on?" He hated being on the outside of things. It made him strain his brain to find answers and when he couldn't get them it only got worse.

Seer/Immortal
Seer/Immortal

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Old Times   Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:01 pm

(now he knows how it feels when he gives riddles, lmao)

The leaving of the woman didn't stop Serenity from being frozen to the spot. It was only after Felix's second question did she snap out of it and look down at her necklace, taking it in her hand, only to see the crack, which only frightened her more. "It...I..." she shook her head a little, and ended up regretting it, for it made her feel immensely dizzy. She blinked it away for a few moments before finding that she could speak again. She took a deep breath. "That was...the supposed curse that the necklace had on it when I...when I found it...well, it was, it was both the curse and a prophecy I guess..." she explained, her eyes on the ground. "I don't know who that woman was...but she was in a...a dream, I had earlier," she told him. "I don't know what's going on. I've lived over a millennium without having been reminded of that, and now it shows up..." She shook her head. "I don't know. Let's just...keep moving," she said, turning to start walking again, hoping that Felix wouldn't say anything about it. She especially hoped he hadn't caught onto the ending line. If he actually cared, it would likely worry the hell out of him.

Immortal
Immortal

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Old Times   Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:39 am

Felix shook his head. "This doesn't make any sense. You're telling me you've never met this woman, except in a dream and now she's spouting off cursed prophecies to you?" He asked. He hurried and caught up with her. "Serenity, can you at least think this over." This wouldn't have bothered him so much had he not actually heard her talking about this before they left. After all, he hadn't really been sleep. He shook his head and then slowly stopped. He touched Serenity shoulder lightly hoping she'd turn around. His blue eyes came nothing short of blank, though he allowed his silver hair to slide into them. "You're not going to lose your immortality are you?" He asked. He'd given enough riddles to understand something like this. Though he didn't want to believe it, because he didn't want to lose the only thing he knew he could keep forever. Oh God, he didn't want her picture in one of his many, but few lockets.

Seer/Immortal
Seer/Immortal

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Old Times   Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:59 pm

Serenity only shrugged lightly when he said that it didn't make any sense, then described the situation in a nutshell. When he started walking then told her to think it over, she didn't look at him or stop, but simply said "I've been thinking it over." It was all she'd been doing. Trying to figure it out. Trying to understand what it meant. She'd been thinking it over for the past 1700 years or so. Serenity hadn't realized that he'd slowed to a stop, because she hadn't been looking at him, but when she felt his hand on her shoulder, she stopped as well. After a few seconds, she finally did turn to look at him. She paused at his question, blinking a couple times. She couldn't really say that she was surprised he asked, but it had caught her a bit off guard. His expression mixed with the obvious meaning of the question simply didn't fit together. "I don't know," she answered honestly. She knew that wasn't the answer that Felix wanted to hear, but it was truth.

Immortal
Immortal

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Old Times   Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:42 pm

He was not satisfied with this answer. Not in the least. She didn't know. He clenched his fist and shook his head lightly. "I guess there's not much to say on it if you don't know and you've had this for a century to ponder." He shrugged and started to walk. "Come on, no use in standing around. The cave is awaiting us, even if it's not going anywhere." He looked back at her. "I think you should lead, I don't know the way...."

Seer/Immortal
Seer/Immortal

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Old Times   Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:49 pm

Serenity'd noticed his fist clenching. But she said nothing about it. What could she say? It wasn't really her fault she didn't know. Her seer powers didn't exactly come on call. She couldn't know everything. She watched him start walking away for a moment before following. She nodded when he said that he thought she should lead. "It's not that I'm...well...completely clueless about it, but that was the only part of the riddle I could never figure out..." she explained as they walked. She gave a light sigh. "People leaving me has happened on way more than one occasion, but I never lost my immortality. I don't see what's different now," she said, then gave a shrug. "Anyways, maybe it's better we leave it alone for now," she suggested, hoping he'd take the bait. This was something she didn't want to deal with. Not at all.

Immortal
Immortal

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Old Times   Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:58 pm

"You can't run forever," Felix said. He hit himself mentally for that one. But it was true. A prophecy was a prophecy. They always came true. Sometimes you had choices, and in this, it seemed that Serenity may have had a choice. He really didn't want her to disappear from his life though. He cared too much, though he never let on. The thing was, Felix just needed his space at time. He sighed. He'd leave the subject alone though. They had something they were finally doing together. No need to ruin it. But it would be nice if she could consider what this woman was saying. People came and went, but the word precious was the key in that sentence.

Seer/Immortal
Seer/Immortal

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Old Times   Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:03 pm

Serenity looked down at his comment. "I don't need you to tell me that," she stated. It wasn't cold or mean the way she'd said it. She'd just...well, she'd just said it. There hadn't been much emotion in it really. I may not be able to run forever, but I do have forever to run... she thought silently.

Her estimation had been correct. They'd arrived at the cave about an hour after the incident, though the rocks at the entrance looked a bit unstable. When they'd gotten there, Serenity stopped and looked around once. "This is it," she said. She looked at Felix. "You ready?" she asked with a light grin. Yes, she'd become excited once more. Whereas the more people went into a journey the more nervous they got about it, Serenity was one of those people where the further into a journey she went, the more excited about it she got.

Immortal
Immortal

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Old Times   Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:10 pm

(OOOOOHHHHH, I like that saying! I may not be able to run forever, but I do have forever to run...)

Felix didn't say anything. He was just going to drop it. He walked in silence for the most part for that hour until he saw the cave getting nearer. He looked at the area. "So this is it?" He asked. His voice a bit unsure. He'd been a ninja long enough to know that those rocks did not look safe enough. he shrugged and then nodded. "I don't have a choice, now do I?" He said with a grin. He was glad to see she was perking up.

Seer/Immortal
Seer/Immortal

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Old Times   Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:17 pm

(lol! I was actually thinking about putting that on a siggy for her!)

Serenity nodded as he asked if this was it, then grinned once more as he said that he didn't have a choice, did he. "Nopes!" she said with a light laugh. "Unless you want me ta go in there all by my lonesome," she said with the same grin. She looked at the rocks once more. "But those rocks look tricky," she said. "Stay here a minute," she said then started carefully forward, watching the ground as she walked carefully, using her wind to blow aside any leaves that might've covered the ground. By the time she got to the cave, there was a clear path to it, and she looked around the side walls of the cave a bit. After about another minute, she smiled and looked back at Felix, motioning him with her hand. "Kay, we're good to go!" she called with a grin.

Immortal
Immortal

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Old Times   Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:21 pm

Felix grinned. "I'm sure you could handle yourself." It was a joke and not being a jerk like before. He then nodded at her comment on the rocks. "I was thinking the same," he admitted. He aloud her to go expert and go through the rocks by herself. With her all clear he followed. "What's the grin for?" He asked once he was standing next to her. Cave dwelling, how in the world did I manage this one?

Seer/Immortal
Seer/Immortal

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Old Times   Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:26 pm

(Poor Fe, he gets himself into all these different messes)

"Very true," she said when he said that he was sure she could handle herself. "Nonetheless, it would be boring to go alone." After he'd followed after her, she looked at him as he asked what the grin was for. "Oh nooothin, just excited," she chirped, before starting off into the cave. "Careful where you step by the way," she warned. She was watching every spot she walked in as she went, glad for the light filtering into the cave from the outside. But as they went further and further in, it was starting to get darker and darker. But at the end of the tunnel there seemed to be a faint green glow. "I'm guessing that's where we're heading," she joked. She hoped Felix caught onto the fact that it was a joke, otherwise he'd think she didn't know where she was going.

Immortal
Immortal

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Old Times   Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:31 pm

Felix would be careful to bring her around Hunter. These expeditions were getting out of hand. "I'm sure I already knew that, but you're the expert," he commented when she told him to watch his step. He blinked as his eyes adjusted to the darkness. He then sighed loudly when she said that's where she thought they should go. "Oh great, go to the green light and meet her Martian friends and family. I'm thrilled." He placed his hands behind his head and grinned, but kept moving. His eyes careful of where he stepped.

Seer/Immortal
Seer/Immortal

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Old Times   Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:35 pm

Serenity laughed when he mentioned the whole martian thing again. "What? You caught onto that already? Darn, now it'll be no fun abducting you," she toyed with a light laugh. The closer they got, the more the path became illuminated in an eerie green glow. Though the source wasn't apparent yet, Serenity was getting more and more curious. Not like Felix said though, she was sure it was something rational. Ish.

Immortal
Immortal

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Old Times   Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:38 pm

(lol, rational. Ish)

Felix looked at her with a raised eyebrow. Surprised that she'd gone along with the joke. It was nice to just be talking for once. He looked at the green glow. "I'm sure you wanted to abduct me and all, but what is that for real?" He asked. Not like he wasn't thinking that she didn't know, but she'd been in way more caves than he'd ever dream of. He looked at the green glow. Maybe it was some kind of moss, or something much more dangerous. He shuddered with excitement.

Seer/Immortal
Seer/Immortal

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Old Times   Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:54 pm

(haha, thought you'd like that)(and lol! he shuddered with excitement? so un-Felix like)

Serenity hadn't noticed his raised eyebrow, having been too engulfed in thoughts of what that green glow might be. She looked at him when he asked her what it really was, then shrugged. "Not too sure. Could be one of many things. There's a chance it could be fluorescent fungus or moss, or some kind of green fire," she explained. She'd only seen green fire once in her life and she hoped every day of her life that she'd never have to see it's source again. As they got closer to the entrance, Serenity slowed down cautiously. When they got to the opening she stopped completely and gave a light gasp. On the walls around them there were emeralds covering the walls. Above them there was a small opening to the surface that let light in to reflect off the emeralds. But the opening was extremely high up. "W-wow...I...wasn't expecting this," she admitted.

PostSubject: Re: Just Like Old Times   

Back to top Go down

Just Like Old Times

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next